10 Tips for the Perfect Paint Job
February 20th, 2012 by Mel
Painting may seem like a daunting task for some, but anyone can produce a great-looking interior paint job like a professional. With these tips, painting will go a lot faster with a lot less hassle.
1. Roll paint along the edges for consistent texture
2. Prime and texture wall patches to avoid a blotchy appearance
3. Cut the tape before pulling it
4. To avoid lap marks, roll the full height of the wall
5. Feather out the paint where you can’t keep a wet edge
6. Use cotton drop clothes rather than plastic
7. Sand trim between coats for an extra smooth finish
8. Mix cans of paint for consistent color
9. Clean dirty surfaces toe the paint can form a strong bond
10. Paint the trim first, then the ceilings and walls
You can pop on over to www.hgtv.com/painting to check out creative painting ideas, techniques, color choices, and how to incorporate color into any room with the correct proportions!